Top Takeaways from BisNow Healthcare Real Estate SummitContributor: Swinerton Blogger | April 24, 2014
Swinerton’s Jerry Mejia, Vice President and Healthcare Division Manager, recently moderated a panel discussion at BisNow’s Healthcare Real Estate Summit in Orange County. The well-attended event featured leaders from top real estate and medical groups, who discussed the state of healthcare facilities in the US. With baby boomers retiring at a rate of 20,000 per day, the future health needs of the country are looming large in the minds of all those involved in the planning and delivery of care.
What were some of the top takeaways for our healthcare building teams?
• Medical office buildings continue to be the hottest component of healthcare construction, with memory care, senior care, and senior housing growing as markets
• Efficiency is a top concern of medical service providers and is being accomplished partly through better coordinated care
• Sustainability is a major factor that we as builders need to continue to embody
• Integrated project delivery is great for larger jobs, but traditional delivery methods can still work well for smaller projects
• Medical providers are leveraging the cost and quality benefits of technology and telemedicine
• Convenience, brand, and accessibility are three important factors to healthcare customers
• Healthcare delivery methods are changing and diversifying, with increased outpatient care and less hospital use
Swinerton is proud to help build a healthier tomorrow. Thanks to all who turned out for this insightful event!