Built in 1917, the five-story, concrete-framed Twohy Building was rehabilitated into a mixed-use commercial and loft-housing complex. The upper floors have been converted into 36 live/work loft apartments, which range in size from 450 square feet to 670 square feet.
The scope of historic work included full rehabilitation of the buildings core and shell, along with preservation of the building façade, lobby, historic stairwells, windows and fenestration and corridors.
Twohy Lofts received the 2004 Preservation Design Award from the California Preservation Foundation. The award recognizes the best in historical preservation projects throughout the State.